By submitting an idea within the framework of PostVenture19, the participant accepts the conditions of participation (PDF, 280.9 KB).
Three juries will be used during PostVenture19:
- Jury 1 comprises Innovation Managers from various Swiss Post units and members of the project team.
- Jury 2 is made up of internal experts who form what is known as the INN jury (Innovation, New Business and Sustainability), as well as external innosuisse experts.
- Jury 3 consists of members from the INN Executive Management Committee and/or the Executive Board of a business unit.
The selection process for PostVenture19 will apply four section criteria:
- Degree of innovation: the more innovative, the better. In addition to a high level of innovation, a unique selling point is expected.
- Financial potential the greater the financial potential over a five-year time frame, the greater the chance of being selected.
- Implementation outlay / time to market: The quicker a product or a service can be brought to market and the fewer resources required, the more likely the idea will be selected.
- Strategic fit: the more closely a product or service relates to one of the strategic development areas, the better. The extent to which the Swiss Post experience “My Swiss Post does everything it can to make my life easier – whenever, wherever and however it suits me” is promoted will also be taken into consideration, as will be the compatibility of the idea with Swiss Post‘s sustainable and ethical principles.
Selection 2 will take place in Berne on 20 November 2019. Remote participation is not recommended, but is possible in exceptional cases upon request. The presentation will consist of a 5 minute presentation of the business idea and a 20 minute Q&A with the jury.
Participation at the Kick Camp and/or at a Boost Camp is recommended, as support will be offered chiefly in these camps. The camps offer outstanding opportunities for the participants to talk to Swiss Post experts and to refine their own idea in partnership with them.
No, in PostVenture 19, Swiss Post is focusing on eight development ideas: urban logistics, digital building, smart assistance, automatic data processing, first and last mile mobility, data economy, trust services and the Internet of things. You can find more information about the development areas for PostVenture19 here. Swiss Post is always interested in good ideas, but different conditions apply outside PostVenture.
Yes, participants can submit several ideas.
Yes, participation in a team is possible. When registering, the names of all team members should be entered. The participants are responsible for clarifying intellectual property provisions within the team.
All copyrights (intellectual property rights and ancillary copyrights as well as contingent rights to such) to the idea submitted (incl. concept, prototypes) remain the property of the submitter (see also the conditions of participation (PDF, 280.9 KB)). For participation in Phase 2 and Phase 3, a confidentiality agreement will be concluded between the participant and Swiss Post.
Jury 3 will determine the steps to be taken after PostVenture19 on a case-by-case basis. In this process, various options will be considered, such as licensing, co-development, corporate venturing etc.